KU-RING-GAI CHASE CATHOLIC PARISH LIES WITHIN THE DIOCESE OF BROKEN BAY
Ku-ring-gai Chase Catholic Parish collects personal information, including sensitive
information about members of the faithful. The primary purpose of collecting
this information is to enable it to administer the sacraments and pastoral care
to the faithful, and often to children of the faithful. Information may be
required to allow the Parish to meet some of its legal obligations, provide care
for the child while under supervision and discharge its duty of care. If you
reside in the Parish or otherwise continue to use its services, the information
may also be used to solicit donations and/or request your services as a
volunteer from time to time.
- Other Parishes
- Parish School
- Other Parish Schools
- Medical practitioners
- People providing services to the schools including volunteers
- Diocesan agencies.
The parish from time to time will publish in the bulletin and on notice boards personal information such as name, address and telephone numbers as they relate to parish activities and rosters.
3. If we do not obtain the information requested, you may not be able to participate fully in parish life.
4. Personal information collected from children is disclosed to their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians may seek access to personal information collected about them and their son/daughter by contacting the Parish Priest.
5. Adults may also seek access to information collected about them in the same manner.
6. As the Parish is largely reliant upon locally raised funds and local effort for its continuation, information received from those who reside in the Parish or avail themselves of its services may be used to solicit donations and other forms of support from them. On occasions it uses the resources of the diocese to support this process and in the course of this, information is made available to those people. We will not disclose your personal information to other third parties for other fundraising purposes without your consent.